Post 30 of 94
- Should I Get Bumble in (2022)? – Important Pros and Cons
- How Accurate is Bumble Location (2022) – How Effective is it?
- Bumble Date vs Bumble BFF (2022) – Which Mode is Best to Use?
- Bumble VS eHarmony in 2022 – Prices, Compared Features & More
- Bumble vs Coffee Meets Bagel – Features | Pros and Cons
- Bumble VS Match (2022) – Demographics, Statistics, Prices
- Is Bumble Free to Use in 2022 [Or Do You Need to Pay]
- Is Bumble Worth It in 2022 – Features, Success Rate & More
- Bumble Bff: Review (2022) | What Users Say About Bumble Bff
- Bumble Free Trial in 2022 – How To Get It?
- What is Bumble Premium (2022) – Waste of Time or Worth It?
- How to Use Bumble for Seniors (2022) – Is It Worth Trying Out?
- How To Flirt On Bumble in 2022 [Tips & Examples]
- Bumble Hookup (2022) | Is There a Real Possibility for a Hookup
- Bumble Privacy in 2022 – Managing Your Privacy Settings
- Bumble Pick-up Lines in 2022 – The Only List You Will Need
- Bumble Not Showing Matches in 2022 | Why & How to Fix It
- Bumble Rules and General Guidelines (2022) | Do’s and Don’ts
- What to Say on Bumble in 2022 [And What to Avoid]
- Bumble Dating Tips in 2022 – Success is Guaranteed!
- How Does Bumble Verification Work in 2022 – Steps to Getting Verified
- Bumble Tips for Guys in 2022 | Double Your Matches & Dates
- Which Way to Swipe on Bumble in 2022 | Getting the Best Matches
- Is Bumble Safe in 2022 – Discover the Truth Behind the App
- How To Succeed On Bumble in 2022 – Tips & Tricks to Stand Out
- Bumble Settings in 2022 – Tips For Getting More Matches
- Best Bumble Openers in 2022 | Examples That Actually Work
- Bumble Profile in 2022 – Make It Stand Out
- How Is Bumble Finding Your Matches (2022) | Explained by an Expert
- How Does Bumble Location Work in 2022 | Get the Most Out of It
- How To Use Bumble Bff in 2022 | Start Making Friends Today
- How To Use Bumble App (2022) – Tips for Getting More Matches
- How to Match on Bumble in 2022 – A Guide by a Pro
- How To Chat On Bumble in 2022 – Start a Conversation With Ease
- How To Rematch On Bumble (2022) – Is it Possible?
- How To See Bumble Matches Without Paying (2022 Guide)
- What Is Travel Mode On Bumble in 2022 | Does It Work?
- Is Bumble A Legit Dating App (2022) – Should You Trust It?
- How Do You Know if Someone Super Swiped You on Bumble (2022)
- How to Get More Matches on Bumble in 2022 – Tips & Tricks
- What Is SuperSwipe on Bumble (2022) – Tips on How to Use It
- No Matches on Bumble in 2022 – Why and How to Fix It
- What Is Bumble Bizz (2022) – How Functional is it?
- How To Chat On Bumble in 2022 [Without Being Awkward]
- How To Swipe On Bumble (2022) – Get More Matches
- Is Bumble Boost Worth It (2022) – [+When to Use It]
- When Was Bumble Created? – How It All Started + much more
- How To Make Friends On Bumble in 2022 – Does It Really Work?
- What Is Bumble Date Mode (2022) – How To Switch Between Modes
- How to Get More Connections on Bumble (2022) – Proven Methods
- Bumble Online Activity Options (2022) – All You Need to Know
- Bumble Cost in 2022 – Price Classification | Is It Worth It?
- What Is Bumble Boost (2022) – Features | Boost vs Premium
- What Is Bumble BFF (2022) – Guide to Making New Friends
- How Does Bumble Work for Men in 2022 – Full Disclosure
- What Are Bumble Badges (2022) – How to Add Badges on Bumble
- Is Bumble Premium Worth It in 2022 – Review | Prices | Advantages
- Bumble Travel Mode (2022) – Match With People Worldwide
- Bumble Premium Features in 2022 – How Does It Work?
- Bumble Like Limit in 2022 – How Many Likes Per Day Do You Get
- How Much Does Bumble Cost in 2022 – Is It Worth Your Money?
- Bumble Features in 2022 – A Complete List of Bumble Features
- Is Bumble A Hookup App (2022)? – Is It a Good Choice for You?
- How Does Bumble Matching Work (2022) – Get More Matches
- Is Bumble Good in 2022 – Dating Experts Reveal the Truth
- How Does The Bumble Algorithm Work in 2022 | Definitive Guide
- How To Change Location On Bumble (2022) – Step-By-Step Guide
- How to Change Age on Bumble (2022) – A Complete Guide
- How To Change Name On Bumble (2022) | Easy Steps
- Bumble FAQ in 2022 – All Bumble Questions Answered
- Dating Apps Similar To Bumble (2022) – Top Apps Like Bumble
- Bumble Search in 2022 – What Is It and How to Use It?
- Bumble International (2022) – What It Is And How To Use It
- Bumble Experiences in 2022 – All You Need To Know About Bumble
- Bumble Swipe Limit And How To Handle It in 2022
- Bumble Spotlight in 2022 – What Is It? [Best Time to Use It]
- Bumble BFF (2022) – What Is It And How Does It Work?
- Bumble Location (2022) – How To Maximize It
- Bumble Extend Match (2022) – What Is It? | How to Use It?
- Bumble Likes (2022) – How To See Them And Use Them
- How To Use The Swipe On Bumble (2022) – A Comprehensive Guide
- What Is Bumble Night Feature (2022) – How Can It Help You?
- What Is Bumble Superswipe (2022) – How to Use It?
- Bumble Chat in 2022 – What It Is and How To Be Successful At It
- How Does Bumble Work (2022) – Everything You Need to Know
- How To Use Bumble (2022) – Features | Profiles | Algorithm
- Bumble Matches (2022) – How To Get More Bumble Matches?
- What Is Bumble in 2022 – How It Works? Should You Try It?
- Tinder vs Bumble
- 7 Crucial Tips on How to Start a Conversation on Bumble
- Bumble Review (2022) – Is Bumble Worth it? | Pros & Cons
- Bumble Matches Guide (2022) – How To Get Matches On Bumble?
- Hinge vs Bumble – What dating app is Better in 2022?
- How Does Bumble Work? – The Complete Bumble Breakdown!
Everyone who is using the Bumble app already knows that location on Bumble is very important in finding more matches and upgrading Bumble dating.
As soon as you find out how Bumble location works you will be able to get more matches for relationships (like eHarmony or Tinder) or hookups (like BeNaughty or Ashley Madison), and start using Bumble recommended features properly.
This brief guide can help you to understand:
Let’s see how to use Bumble location, and how it works.
OFL exclusive offers - Check all of them
|"Serious Relationships"||"Discreet Hookups"||"Best Course"|
|"Quick Flings"||"Normal Hookups"||"Our Quiz"|
Post 30 of 94 in the Bumble Series
What Is the Main Difference Between Location on Bumble and Location on Any Other Location-Based App?
Most online dating apps that are based on location algorithms like Tinder is, always run the location in the background even when that app is shouted down or members are offline.
However, the Bumble location works differently. Once you exit the Bumble profile, the app will remember your last location when you were online.
Let’s give an example.
Imagine that you were using the app for the last time when you were having lunch with your friend in a fancy New York restaurant on the Upper East Side.
After lunch, you went to Brooklyn to meet an old friend. Considering that you hadn’t seen for a long time, you didn’t use the Bumble app.
Your last location that Bumble remembered was from that fancy restaurant.
This track is leading us to our next section that will help you to understand better how Bumble location works.
How Does Bumble Work With Location?
It isn’t necessary to mention that if you want to find out how Bumble location works, the first thing that you have to do is to open and arrange your Bumble profile.
Once you start using the Bumble app, here’s how its location works.
As a Bumble user, the location information will be visible on your profile, right under your profile picture. The location that will be shown is the name of the city from where you are using the Bumble app at the moment.
Other Bumble users can see your distance and your current location.
However, they can never see if you are offline or online.
The Bumble app uses your GPS location or WiFi information from your iOS or Android device. It means that Bumble uses your exact location depending on where you are at the moment.
How Long Does Bumble Show Your Location?
When you arrange your location settings on your Bumble profile, it is possible not to allow Bumble to use your location after a while.
Although it would be great to keep your privacy, Bumble is an online dating app that is based on finding matches thanks to your current location.
In that way, Bumble assures more right matches in no time. So, not using the Bumble location services won’t be the best idea.
But, if you are smart enough to use this Bumble advantage, you have to know how long Bumble shows your location.
Under your profile picture, there is a reported location that shows the city you are from. Each time when the location changes, Bumble will use your GPS data and your new location will be set on your profile for the next seven days.
However, that new location won’t be shown as your exact location, and it will be marked as a location during the travel mode.
Is Bumble’s Location Accurate?
Bumble location accuracy is the question that is usually out of order to discuss because the Bumble app location is pretty much accurate.
We can say that Bumble shows your current location with much certainty.
How accurate is Bumble location?
The Bumble location is very accurate when a Bumble user often checks the profile, or it is often online.
The Bumble app will use your current location to find new matches who are nearby, in your area. The Bumble location is one of the main steps in finding potential and perfect matches. But, it is not the only one.
It is very important to mention that the Bumble location sometimes can be wrong.
When is Bumble location wrong? There are a few reasons for that.
One of the reasons is not being online at the moment when you are changing your location. The only location that will be visible is the last location when you were online.
The second reason is when the Bumble app cannot show the exact location you are because the app isn’t recognizing the distance from one town to another. It usually happens when you are close to a border, or in that town’s neighborhood.
Mistakes happen, and it is not Bumble’s fault.
To try to avoid this misunderstanding, you can refresh your Bumble location from time to time. And, if it still doesn’t show the exact location, the location system can’t simply recognize the area you are currently in.
How Does Bumble Location Update Work?
Bumble will update location only when a Bumble user is online. So, just in case when you open Bumble, Bumble changes location.
Otherwise, Bumble won’t update your current location. Instead, it will show the last city name you were in.
How does Bumble update location without opening the app?
Theoretically, there are no Bumble location settings that can arrange Bumble to change location. So, how does Bumble change location?
Bumble changes location when users are online and when they are using the app at that moment.
Although, this is how Bumble works, there are a few situations in which Bumble can change your current location.
The first one is when someone wants to swipe right on your profile, which means the user wants to match you, and that the user likes your profile.
The second one is when someone sends you a message and wants to have a conversation with you.
In these situations, Bumble set location is possible, and Bumble will automatically update your location.
Can You Change Location on Bumble?
Bumble is one of the special location-based apps that work with location permissions. It is very useful to upgrade your Bumble dating using your location to find more new matches.
But, it is possible to turn off the Bumble location, and still have interactions with other Bumble members.
However, there is a catch. You can have interactions just with those members with whom you have already been matched.
Considering that you are smart enough to use all Bumble location advantages, it is good to know that you can change your location.
How to change location on Bumble?
If you want to have more new matches wherever you are, there are several options that you can use to change location on Bumble.
Your location can be changed by using the Travel Mode feature, your GPS data, or a VPN service.
It is also possible to change location on Bumble by using some trick apps like iPhone location spoofer programs.
Thanks to these special programs, you can change as many different locations as you want.
How to change current location on Bumble?
It is possible to change your current location on Bumble if you use the Travel Mode feature, and it can be easily done with manual settings. The Travel Mode feature is available for Bumble boost or Bumble Premium packages, and with Bumble coins as well.
Once you activate your Travel Mode feature, your profile will be visible for members from different locations, and different distance range.
The Bumble Travel Mode feature is one of Bumble’s most used features. Using the Travel Mode allows you to change your current location for seven days when you are on the move.
This feature can also help you to find more new matches when you are visiting different locations.
Each member that is using this feature at the moment will be marked as a Travel Mode user, and it will be visible for everyone who is swiping the profile.
Unfortunately, this feature has some extra charges, and it can be paid with Bumble coins.
If you want to activate the Travel Mode feature, follow these simple steps, and start using it immediately.
- Go to your Bumble profile, and look for the gear icon.
- Go to Settings
- Look for the Location Settings
- Choose Travel To
- Select the city
Does Bumble Track Your Location?
Bumble can track your location only when you are active enough on it. It means that it is not enough just to open the app, but it is very important to swipe right, check notifications, use Snapchat, send or read messages.
Passivity doesn’t bring location tracking which is one of many differences between Bumble and many other location-based online dating apps.
How does Bumble track your location?
Bumble location tracking is unique compared to other online dating apps based on location services.
The best example would be a comparison between Bumble and Tinder.
Both apps are based on geolocation, and it is necessary to declare your location during the signing-up process.
Tinder is an app that continues tracking your location even when you aren’t online. It is possible to change locations on the move.
On the other side, Bumble won’t track your location on the move. Bumble tracks your location when there are visible and justified actions on the app.
These actions are swiping, making interactions with other members by having a private chatting with other members, or opening the notification toolbar.
In the lack of these actions, Bumble cannot track your location.
Can you turn of Geolocation on Bumble?
It has been already mentioned several times, but Bumble’s algorithm is based on geolocation. Geolocation helps to find more matches, and if it is possible to find perfect matches who are the closest to your area.
However, it is possible to have no location on Bumble if you block your location. It means that you can block the access towards your location, but you have to be prepared that, then, many of Bumble’s features will be restricted.
Restricted features bring fewer new matches.
Does Bumble hide location then? Not necessarily. It doesn’t simply show your profile to the matches that are closest to you, and your location isn’t marked on your profile.
Does Bumble Have a Distance Setting?
Bumble recently upgraded distance settings. It expanded the location tracking from 100 kilometers to a whole country. It means that you can find more matches, not just in your area, but much wider.
This option can be great for those who often use the Travel Mode feature even before they are on the move.
If you want to activate it, you can easily do it. Just look for the App Settings, and select the
Sometimes Bumble shows location but not distance, and vice versa. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the user was recently active on the app. It can just show the last location the user was logged in.
We hope that this brief article will help you to understand better how the Bumble location works.
You don’t have to worry about Bumble location stalking because Bumble pays attention to users’ safety. Your location won’t be used for violent purposes.
If you still have some doubts about how Bumble location works, check out our FAQ section, and be free to ask more questions as well.