Welcome to our AsiaCharm review.
This is an online dating site where you can meet Asian ladies from all over the Far East including Asian countries such as China, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, and others, for a serious relationship (like Tinder or eHarmony), and less commonly for hookups (like BeNaughty or Ashley Madison).
But is this a dating platform where you can meet Asian girls and perhaps your soulmate?
Or is it a scam site filled with scammers looking to exploit Western men?
Well, you can rest assured that we will explore everything you need to know about the site by collecting important data that pertains to it.
During our review of this Asian dating site, we will reveal the following:
So let begin then as we analyze a dating site where you can meet Asian women and that possibly could become your Asian bride.
You just never know, right?Is your dating app giving you the best chance for success? Make sure to take our online dating site/app quiz to find out. People who follow our dating site suggestions have on average 2 more dates per month.
- Ease of use – 5/5
- Success rate – 3.5/5
- Key features – 2.5/5
- Price – 2/5
Pros and Cons
- A strong user base into the millions
- Such an easy website to use, even for newcomers to online dating
- Validated users
- It’s pricey and that may turn many potential users off
Who’s It For/Demographics?
Two main groups of users visit sites like this.
The female profiles consist of Asian women and the male profiles are mostly men from all over the world who want to meet them.
If we compare AsiaCharm user numbers to other similar sites, it one of the biggest with a user base of millions.
That’s pretty impressive.
Here are some more facts and figures I was able to discover during my evaluation of the demographics of the site:
- Around 5000 new users sign up each day
- 300000 users visit the page each month
- Over 90% of the profiles on-site include photographs
- Most males are from the United States and countries in Europe
Gender ratio and user age ranges
When you analyze sites similar to AsiaCharm, on some you will find that male profiles dominate over female profiles and then on others, it’s the other way around.
My findings show that on this site, females are dominant, and by a ratio of 3:1:
Yes, 74% of the profiles on AsiaCharm belong to Asian women while the remaining 26% are male profiles.
As for age ranges, 24% of all users are aged between 25 and 34.
This is split as 8% men and 16% women.
While it’s not uncommon for that age range to be popular on these types of sites, AsiaCharm‘s user base is pretty evenly spread across all age ranges.
Here’s a full breakdown for you:
- 25-34 years old: 24% of all users of which 16% are female and 8% are male
- 45-54 years old: 21% of all users of which 16% are female and 5% are male
- 55 and over: 19% of all users of which 14% are female and 5% are male
- 35 to 44 year old: 18% of all users of which 14% are female and 4% are male
- 18 to 24 year old: 16% of all users of which 12% are female and 4% are male
As I indicated earlier, it’s a pretty even spread across about all age ranges.
The biggest difference between the biggest and smallest user group is just 8% in the contribution to overall users.
That’s one reason why I think so many users come to this site.
It’s because they know they are likely to find high-quality matchups no matter the age range that they prefer.
Ease of Use
So let’s start talking about the site and how it all works.
First up, we need to cover the registration process as it’s a little different from others sites.
It starts much the same as they would, however, and to begin, you will need to provide five simple pieces of information: your gender, your username, your date of birth, a valid email address and a secure password.
What follows is something you don’t often see on dating sites.
Normally, they like to get you online as quickly as possible but with AsiaCharm you are going to have to set aside at least 20 minutes to complete a questionnaire.
I can clarify that the idea behind this is twofold.
First, it’s to get some information out of you that will fill parts of your profile.
Second, and perhaps most importantly, you will provide information about your personality and what you are looking for in a matchup.
While you can skip parts of this, you really shouldn’t.
I know people get impatient and just want to get onto the website to start looking for potential matchups.
But this helps ensure that those the site presents to you are going to match with what you are looking for.
So it’s a no-brainer to fill it out.
The questionnaire is divided into three sections and they will have:
- Questions about your date (9 in total)
- Questions about you (13 in total)
- Various match suggestions that you need to choose from so the site algorithm can get an idea of how the matches it presents to you should look.
So what kind of questions can you expect during this phase of registration?
Here’s an idea:
- Why you want to use the site (to make friends, finding love, have fun, flirt and more)
- What your current career is
- If you are married or not
- How fluent you are in English
- Three traits that describe you
- What your hobbies are
- Whether you spend time reading or not
- Your favorite music and movie genre
- What you would consider your guilty pleasure to be (you can select one from the options provided)
- The age range you want for your matchups
- If you favor intelligence over looks
- What personality type should they have
Lastly, you will have to fill in an About Me section as well as uploading a profile picture.
Once this is all complete, you are taken straight to the site.
Finding your way around
With its clean and clinical site design, you won’t have a problem finding your way around AsiaCharm, that’s for sure.
For me, the overall site design was one of the highlights of the time I spent here.
It’s all about making sure that the profiles do all the talking, and they sure do.
They are presented in their own large window for easy browsing, while the rest of the site has modular sections for different aspects you may be interested in.
For example, on the home page, while profiles are prominent, you will also be able to see statistics about your own profile, like how many times it has been viewed as well as whether you have any new messages.
But there is also a quick search menu so you can launch your own when you are done looking through matchups the site offers.
But I will cover that later in the review.
For now, let’s quickly focus on the menus system through which you will navigate the site.
- Search: Clicking on this menu will return you to the main page. Here you are presented with matchups from the site as well as having the chance to search for your own. I also found the statistics menu useful.
- Faces: With Faces, you can look through profiles one by one in a roulette-style. This differs from other sites in the fact that over and above liking or passing on a profile, you can send them a wink, a present, chat with them or add them to your favorites.
- Messages: Your sent messages and those that you receive from others are tracked and kept here.
- Mail: While messages are an instant form of chatting, the mail system on AsiaCharm is for more long-form messages. It’s a popular way of interacting with others as well, so don’t discount it.
- Credits: AsiaCharm doesn’t have a membership. Instead, it operates solely on a credit system.
- My profile: Site settings and the chance to edit your profile can be found under this menu.
Before we get onto how effective the site in terms of matchups, messaging and more, I just want to speak quickly about the gift all users get when they sign up.
AsiaCharm will present you with 20 credits.
This needs to be redeemed by clicking on the Welcome Package button that you will find on the right-hand side of the screen on the main page.
The site doesn’t have any form of membership but instead uses credits for everything, from real-time chatting to sending longer email messages, stickers, gifts and more.
It’s a useful gift too because, with those 20 credits, you can try the site out.
In terms of live chat alone, it’s worth 10 minutes.
And that’s what I would use it on first up if I were you.
Filling in that questionnaire at the start of the registration process goes a long way to helping provide each user with the best possible matchups.
That’s because, within it, there were questions that specifically shape the kind of matchups you’d prefer.
From the outset then, AsianCharm will present you with matchups the moment you access the site for the first time.
But don’t make the mistake like I first did.
The matchups that you see here are only users that are currently online.
There are tons more to look through, that’s for sure.
All you need to do is toggle the button towards the top left of the screen from “Is Online” to “All”.
When you do that, you will see profiles of users that are currently offline as well.
And it’s important to do because of the probable time difference between where you live and the Asian region where most matchups live.
Some of them might not be online while you are because it’s the early hours of the morning and they are sleeping.
So that’s the first way to look for a potential matchup.
But you can search for more specific matchups using the site search engine too.
Searching for the ideal matchup
Yes, AsiaCharm has a search engine for you to use.
And it’s right there on the main page.
The basic search engine only allows you to change a few parameters.
- Age range
- Whether the matchups returned have to be online or not
But all users do get access to an advanced search engine.
This uses various parameters associated with a user’s profile to help refine searches somewhat.
Here’s what you can add:
- The location you want to search, including country and city
- Marital status and if they have children or not
- What religion they belong to
- Lifestyle parameters (do they drink or smoke)
You can also search via member identity number if you’d like to.
Once you’ve found a matchup that you’d like to chat to, you can use your free 20 credits to initiate contact.
That will give you around 10 minutes of chatting time in total, which isn’t much but enough to tell them more about yourself and find out a little about them.
Some profiles that are returned as potential matchups will have a verified badge.
This means that they are a real person and if you are worried about bots or fake profiles, rather only chat to users with this badge.
It’s not much but at least it is a start.
Be warned, the services offered on this site are not cheap.
We will take a closer look at the pricing a little later in this review.
Without membership, AsianCharm doesn’t have that many features.
But there are still some key features worth knowing about.
1. Arranging meetups
Yes, it’s possible to arrange meetups with someone on the site.
Don’t get too excited yet, however.
First, you will have to travel to their country and you will also have to pay 625 credits just to put in a meeting request which needs the approval of the person you want to meet.
Obviously, however, this is pretty useful and something you might end up using if you really hit it off with someone.
2. Access to contact details of other users
Interestingly, AsiaCharm lets you take communication offline by giving you access to the contact details of other users.
But it’s not as easy as it sounds, that’s for sure.
To get a user’s personal contact details, like an email address, for example, you would have to have spent 3000 credits in communication with someone.
That’s going to be pretty costly.
3. Virtual gifts
Dating sites like this often have virtual gifts as part of their options to impress a potential matchup.
But don’t expect these to be cheap at all.
For example, champagne and roses are going to cost 699 credits while an Apple iPhone 12 will set you back to 12000 credits.
Faces offer something different when you are looking for a matchup.
This presents matchups one at a time allowing you to like or pass on a matchup.
You can also message them from this page, add them to your favorites or send them a gift if you’d like.
Once your 20 free credits have been used up, you are going to want to purchase more, especially if you’ve found someone worth talking to.
Credits are used for everything on this site.
There are no membership options at all.
But before we look into how much credits cost, let’s just see how much you need for each different activity the site offers.
Here’s a breakdown:
- 2 credits per minute for live-chatting or instant messaging
- 5 credits to send a sticker to someone
- 10 credits to send a photo in chat
- 50 credits to send a video in chat
- 10 credits to send a long mail and then 30 credits for each that follows
- 10 credits to open a mail that you receive
- 10 credits to open a photo in mails
- 50 credits to open a video you receive
- 100 credits to send a gift plus the cost of the gift
- 625 for a meeting request
So if you have a 10-minute live chat with someone you will need 20 credits.
It really is pretty expensive in my book, way too expensive, in fact.
But how much are credits going to cost you?
Well, once you’ve used up your initial 20 you can get 20 more at $2.99.
While that seems reasonable, it’s just an initial promotion and after that, this is how much you are going to have to pay for credits:
- 20 credits – $9.99
- 50 credits – $19.99
- 125 credits – $44.99
- 250 credits – $69.99
- 750 credits – $149.99
That really is super expensive don’t you think.
Conclusion and Overall Rating
That’s it for our AsiaCharm.com dating review.
It has everything you need to meet Asian women from a host of countries in the region.
I love the fact that there are users with verified profiles which certainly helps calm the nerves when it comes to things like scammers and fake profiles, that’s for sure.
If I am judging the site on how easy it is to use and how it operates in bringing you potential matchups, then it’s right up there when compared to opposition sites.
But there is no denying that to use the site features, even simple messaging, is very overpriced in my book.
And that really means that ordinary Joe’s probably cannot afford to use AsiaCharm month after month.
Today, AsiaChrm gets a rating of 3.25 out of 5.
That rating is pulled down significantly by the overall pricing when it comes to credits.
It would be far higher if that was just reasonable.
Ultimately, it’s up to the individual to decide if this is a site that they can afford.
AsiaCharm was tested by the Onlineforlove team over an extended period of time.
At the end of that testing period, our review approach saw us give a star rating for various criteria that we use to rank dating apps.
And therefore our evaluation of AsiaCharm was based on these critical criteria.
This included pricing, how easy the app is to register for, install and use, the features it offers, the size of the user base is and success in finding matchups.